Civil Engineers Insurance

Digging holes, laying pipes, working with underground services at depth comes at great risk, but at Construction insure we will speak to you, fully understand the works you are carrying out and will be able to find you a competitive premium, through insurers we place multiple Civil Engineering Insurance policies through. We are a Construction Broker and are experts in this field, so for all your civil engineering insurance needs, please give us a call to discuss.

Civil Engineering Contractors Insurance

  • Ground workers Insurance
  • Fleet Insurance
  • Contractors All Risk Insurance

Need Insurance? Get in touch today!

Whatever your contractors all risk insurance requirements, please get in touch today for a free no obligation quotation.

Whatever aspect of Civil Engineering you’re involved with, from design and development, to overseeing nationwide infrastructure projects, Construction Insure have the experience, knowledge and contacts to get the right insurance cover for you.

Why do you need Civil Engineers Insurance?

You work in a challenging and complex profession. You may be involved in the detailed initial stages of huge engineering projects. Or you could be working in hazardous conditions: at height, in tunnel excavations or in proximity to dangerous materials. Your job could require intricate and precise specifications for complicated projects. Or you could be involved in mechanical or electrical engineering or soil & foundations work. All of those situations carry risks, from the legal implications of planning errors to the possibility of physical injury to a third party. You need to be protected from financial exposure in those, and many other, situations, whether you work in front of a computer screen or in an exposed and unsafe environment. At Construction Insure we specialise in insurance for Civil Engineers and the high-risk aspects of it, at the most competitive premiums.

A small error in the initial planning stages of a project could have serious repercussions at a later stage. Professional Indemnity, or ‘design & construction’, will cover you in the event of a design fault or an omission. It will also protect you if you gave negligent advice or failed to give the necessary advice. Professional Indemnity is vital to protect you from the potentially disastrous financial implications of a lawsuit arising from errors, omissions or faulty workmanship. Potential claims against you can range from a failure to seek planning permission, preparing an inaccurate survey report or failure to specify the correct construction materials. Professional Indemnity will protect you up to £10 million.


How can Civil Engineers Insurance help you?

But it’s not just financial and legal issues you need to be aware of. If you’re work involves maintaining and adapting existing infrastructures, you could easily be working in hazardous environments which pose a physical danger to you, your staff or members of the public. In which case, you would need Public Liability insurance. For instance, you may be assessing motorway improvements or tunnel extensions. Or your job may take you onto high risk structures, such as bridges, railways or dams. Public Liability will protect you up to £5 million.

What else do you need to think about?

As uncomfortable as it sounds, being aware of everything that could go wrong is the best place to start when thinking about insurance. By identifying the most high-risk aspects of what you do, you’ll know where you’re most exposed, financially and legally. But don’t worry if it sounds daunting. We’ll work with you to get an overview of your activities and your potential risks. We’ll ask you about the details of your business, your payroll and your staff status. And we’ll ask you about the type of projects you’re commissioned for and your working environment.

Standard and Optional Liability Insurance Cover

These are a few of the standard types of insurance we can cover you for:

  • Employers Liability: £10 million.
  • Public & Products Liability: £5 million, including damage to property being worked on.
  • Financial Loss: £100,000.
  • Professional Indemnity: £100,000.

The optional cover, which can be added to your policy, includes:

  • Contractors ‘All Risks’ in relation to contract works.
  • Your own and hired plant and employee tools.
  • Defective Workmanship.
  • Products Efficacy.

How do you get the right advice?

Insurance, like Civil Engineering, requires experience to get it right. Please call us on 020 3958 6868 so we can talk to you about what you need. Once we’ve gathered all the necessary information we can scour the market to get you the insurance cover that’s right for you. We’ll give you some options, presenting the policies that will protect you the best.

And, because we’re very experienced in insuring civil engineers, we’ll explain what you can do to keep your premiums as low as possible. If that sounds like the kind of care and advice that you would like, please do get in touch today and we can have a no obligation discussion about your requirements.



" Comparing like with like plus some lower excesses you have managed to save me in excess of £1500 or approximately 15% on my previous insurer. "

- Hew Stevenson


" We found you to be more thorough, efficient and reasonably priced than our existing insurer. We would not hesitate in recommending you to anyone."

- Zena Nairi LLB (Hons)