Land Liability Insurance

Have you recently purchased a piece of land to do a development on ? Do you own land ? Either way you need to have the land insured for Land Liability Insurance. You have to think of what might happen if someone is injured or hurt, if they have gone onto your land, maybe falling down a hol, or there might be a building on it which might be in a bad state of repair and has collapsed. You need to be covered and we can do this for you.

Map showing building plot

  • Site Insurance
  • Land Insurance
  • Renovation Insurance
  • Unoccupied Buildings Insurance

Need Insurance? Get in touch today!

Whatever your land liability insurance requirements, please get in touch today for a free no obligation quotation.

If you own a plot of land, whether you’re intending to build on it at a later date, or keep it undeveloped, that plot needs to be insured against to damage to it, or accidents occurring on it. At Construction Insure we can make sure that your investment is financially protected.

Not all plots of land are purchased to be developed right away, or even developed at all.
You may have bought in an underdeveloped area, with a view to retaining it while the value of the area increases, then selling it on to a developer. The grounds may be adjacent to structures you own and you may be using it for storage purposes. This could be anything from building materials to hazardous waste. Or you may be using the area to park or store vehicles on. Whatever your purpose, you need to be protected against liability claims made against you, such as accidents or injuries sustained there, as a consequence of owning that land. At Construction Insure, we specialise in brokering the right insurance for the construction industry and for property owners and developers, to make sure you’re not left financially exposed.

Why do you need Land Liability Insurance?

Your plot may be close to a residential area, in which case it could attract unwanted activity. For instance, children may be able to gain access, in order to play or use the space as a short cut. If they sustained an injury while on your land, or gaining access to it, perhaps cutting themselves on fencing, you would then be liable for that occurrence. Empty areas are also a magnet for other, sometimes illegal, activities, such as abandoning cars, fly tipping and dumping garbage. You may find yourself liable for these activities and any subsequent fines imposed against you.


Protection for your Land

The simple fact is, if you own the land, then you also have the responsibility for anything that happens on it. Which is why it’s necessary to have Land Liability Insurance to protect your investment and your own finances. This policy will cover you for any injury to a third party on your land, even due to negligence. Standard liability will protect you up to £1 million, but liability up to £5 million is available. And losses such as water hazards can be included in the policy.

How do you get the right advice?

Because we’ve been brokering insurance for the construction industry and property developers for forty years, we have the specialist knowledge to give you the help and advice you need to make sure your investments are financially protected. Please call us on 020 3958 6868 so we can talk to you about what you need and get the cover that’s right for you.



" Comparing like with like plus some lower excesses you have managed to save me in excess of £1500 or approximately 15% on my previous insurer. "

- Hew Stevenson


" We found you to be more thorough, efficient and reasonably priced than our existing insurer. We would not hesitate in recommending you to anyone."

- Zena Nairi LLB (Hons)