Groundworkers Liability Insurance

Make sure you have the correct Groundworkers Insurance in place. If you are removing muck, rubble, digging foundations, then your insurance needs to be right. At construction insure will understand what works you carry out and make sure you are appropriately covered.

Contractors All Risk surverying risk

  • Civil Engineering Insurance
  • Demolition Insurance
  • Asbestos Insurance


Groundworks is classified as a high risk trade due to the depth that is sometimes worked at, and the risk of hitting water pipes, striking electricity cables etc is sometimes high due to the nature of how fast jobs need to be done.

Need Insurance? Get in touch today!

Whatever your groundworkers liability insurance requirements, please get in touch today for a free no obligation quotation.

groundworkers-contractors-insuranceWhen you stop to think about the daily risk your job presents, you’ll realise why you should have liability insurance in place. You face hazards whether you’re undertaking a deep excavation for pipe or cable laying, or preparing foundations for a new build or property development. For instance, if you’re working on a public highway, you’re in an environment you can’t control. You can do what’s necessary to minimise the risk, but you can’t predict the unexpected. It’s up to you to take the responsibility of having the insurance cover in place. Cover that will protect you from risks to your income and to any employees. (By the way, this also includes any sub-contractors you pay wages to. Did you know that, if you provide over 20% of their annual salary, they also count as your employees?) At Construction Insure, we’re here to help you reduce your risks by brokering the right insurance policies at the most competitive premiums. We do what a lot of brokers can’t, which is to protect high-risk professionals like you.

How does Groundworkers Liability Insurance help you?

On a daily basis, you could be unloading unwieldy paving slabs; using cranes to lift heavy piping into position or working close to gas pipes or electricity cables. All of which are high-risk situations. Even if you follow Health & Safety guidelines - which you need to do in order to keep your insurance valid - accidents will happen. You work in difficult environments with heavy or complex materials, so there’s always the risk of falls, crush injuries, lacerations or broken bones.


How else does Groundworkers Liability help you?

We’re able to offer policies that provide specific cover for the type of groundworks you do and what that might involve. Do you use your vehicles for transporting heavy materials to their destination? We’ll make sure that an accident on the way, one which may damage expensive materials, doesn’t cause you unnecessary financial problems. Tools and equipment are also an important aspect of your business. We’ll cover them in case they’re lost, damages of stolen, so you don’t have to deal with any business interruption. In short, we’ll help you get the policies you need so you’re fully covered. And that your income and livelihood are completely protected.

What do you need to know about getting the right Insurance?

The more we know about the type of groundworks you do and where you do it, the more we can help you. There’s a list, below, of examples of the liability cover you may need. In all of these cases, you need to be completely honest with the insurance companies, otherwise you may as well not have a policy in place. Any omissions concerning your business or your staff numbers could invalidate your insurance policy. But it’s our job to make sure you’re completely covered. We have a network of Account Handlers in place to look after you right from your first enquiry. And they’ll keep looking after you in the event that you do have to make a claim.

Finding You the best Groundworkers Insurance Policy

So how do we help you? We start by listening, to understand the work you do, and what your budget is. Then we’ll propose in detail what you need insured and what your cover will cost. This can include Public Liability, Products Liability and Employers Liability insurance. As well as policies for Contents and Machinery and Stock insurance.

How do you get the right advice?

Insurance, like groundworks, needs experience to get the right cover for your project. Please call us on 020 3958 6868 so we can talk to about what you need and give you the right advice. Then we can get you the insurance policy that’s right for you. Because we are independent, we have access to a wide range of policies and can come up with a solution tailor-made to your requirements.

Standard types of Insurance Cover

  • Employers Liability: £10 million.
  • Public & Products Liability: £5 million, including damage to property being worked on.
  • Financial Loss: £100,000.
  • Professional Negligence: £100,000.

Optional cover, which can be added to your policy, includes:

  • Contractors ‘All Risks’ in relation to contract works.
  • Your own and hired plant and employee tools.
  • Defective Workmanship.
  • Products Efficacy.



" Comparing like with like plus some lower excesses you have managed to save me in excess of £1500 or approximately 15% on my previous insurer. "

- Hew Stevenson


" We found you to be more thorough, efficient and reasonably priced than our existing insurer. We would not hesitate in recommending you to anyone."

- Zena Nairi LLB (Hons)