Contractors Combined Insurance

As Construction Insure is a specialist Construction Broker, we understand the differences between Contractors Combined insurance, Contractors All Risk insurance and Contract Works insurance and it’s important that our clients do as well.

If you are carrying such works as new builds, loft conversions, extensions you need to understand exactly what policy you have in place and what it is covering you for. These policies are not an easy concept which is why you need to speak to a specialist.

Contractors Risk Insurance

  • Contract Works Insurance
  • Building Warranties
  • Contractors All Risk insurance

Need Insurance? Get in touch today!

Whatever your contractors all risk insurance requirements, please get in touch today for a free no obligation quotation.

At Construction Insure we deal with all types of construction projects. We insure couples undertaking their first residential property development and companies building high-rise structures. And everything size project in-between. Although there are many differences between the details of these builds, the constant is that any construction project needs the correct protection.

What is Contractors Combined Insurance?

Contractors Combined Insurance is a complete package. It includes (but is not limited to):

Public Liability. Cover starting from £1million and ranging above £10million on a bespoke basis.

Employers Liability. Cover starting at £10million

Contractors All Risk. This includes cover for Contract Works, Own plant and Hired In Plant.

Business Assist. This includes Legal Expenses, Directors & Officers, Business Emergency Assistance, Legal Document Library and Health & Safety, Risk management Consultancy.

What do you need to know?

As mentioned, a Contractors Combined policy will cover you for specifics of what your company does. If you’re a Property Developer, this type of insurance is definitely worth exploring. Below are the key points why a Contractors Combined Policy is so key for you.

* Bona-Fide subcontractors- these are typically external companies that work for you on a project such as an external plumber on a new build. However, there are many different ways to distinguish whether a company/sole trader is “Bona-Fide”. At Construction Insure our brokers will help you differentiate your labour-only subcontractors from your bona-fide ones, making sure your company is never left exposed.

Public liability insurance: this protects you if clients or members of the public suffer personal injury or property damage arising from any negligence on your part.

For Property Developers: This will also come into effect on a contingent basis, covering you in the event that a contractor’s insurance fails and doesn’t pay out for damages to third parties. Property Developers insurance will ensure you are protected correctly.

Employers Liability: This insurance will help you pay compensation if an employee is injured or becomes ill because of the work they do for you. As a rule of thumb, if someone is employed by you or working under your control or supervision, you’re legally required to have this cover. Otherwise, you run the risk of being fined £2500 for every day you don’t have this insurance. So not only would you have to bear the full brunt of any workplace injury claims, but you also run the risk of being prosecuted by the government.

Contractors All Risk: This will cover you for loss or damage to building works while your company is responsible for them. For example, if your company is responsible for installing a dormer and accidently burns it down during construction. This is not a third party’s property nor is it part of the existing structure, therefore you will need this insurance to cover the cost. Contractors All Risk will also insure your construction projects (both permanent and temporary), as well as all materials you’re using on the project.


What do you need to think about?

Some of the questions you need to ask yourself are: How complex is your construction project or property development? Are you going to be employing labour only subcontractors or bona fide* subcontractors on your build? Will you be hiring in plant and machinery equipment during the contract? These are all aspects of your project that Contractors All Risk will cover you for. There’s a lot to consider, but this is where Construction Insure can help you get the right insurance cover.

How can we help you get the right Combined Cover?

Construction Insure are a specialist construction broker. Whatever construction project or property development you’re undertaking, we have the right contacts to help you get the right cover. We’ll talk with you to discuss what type of project you’re developing. We’ll listen to your concerns and get a feel for your budget. Even if the various types of insurance cover seem bewildering, you’re in safe hands. We’ll clearly explain what you need insured and why. And what that will cost you, with no hidden surprises. Then we’ll use our forty years of construction industry experience and reliable contacts to get you the right insurance package.

How do you get the right advice?

Insurance, like construction and development, needs experience and expertise to make sure your project has the right insurance policies. We’re here to help you get the right policy for your project. Please call us on 020 3958 6868 so we can discuss your requirements with you and find out more about your project and your budget. And then we can get you the tailor-made insurance cover that’s right for you. We offer a no obligation quotation so please contact us today to discuss your needs.

Do you need Contractors Combined Insurance?

Contractors Combined will cover you for all aspects of your construction or development project. The specifics will vary, depending on the details of your job, but, with Contractors Combined you’ll be covered for potential problems and financial liabilities that other policies don’t cover you for. In short, Contractors Combined Insurance is the right policy for a busy construction site with the potential for unexpected damage to structures, or possible injuries to the people working at your site. It will also cover you for injuries to members of the public.



" Comparing like with like plus some lower excesses you have managed to save me in excess of £1500 or approximately 15% on my previous insurer. "

- Hew Stevenson


" We found you to be more thorough, efficient and reasonably priced than our existing insurer. We would not hesitate in recommending you to anyone."

- Zena Nairi LLB (Hons)